Generator protection unit GPU 300
The GPU 300 generator protection unit is designed for marine use. Each controller contains all the functions that are needed to protect electrical equipment with a breaker, for example, a diesel generator, a busbar, or a motor.
Each controller includes processor technology and highspeed internal communication to provide fast protection functions.
The controller design is modular. Processor, communication, measurement, and input/output hardware modules may be replaced or added in the field. The controller automatically recognises the new hardware modules.
The controller display unit colour graphic screen allows fast access to live data. The operator can use the screen to manage alarms. With the right authorisation, the operator can also check and/or change the I/O and parameter configuration. The light indicators of the display unit are visible over a long distance. The display processor can display all languages.
You can connect several GPU 300 controllers to create one communication network. Redundant communication between the controllers is possible.
DEIF's complimentary PICUS PC software interfaces with your controller, allowing you to configure the inputs, outputs and parameters for each controller.
- Comprehensive generator/busbar protection
- Smart synchronisation check
- High resolution 5" colour graphic display with push-buttons
- Flexible and modular input/output with metal rack
- Plug & play, auto-configure I/O modules and network
- Integrated 5 × RJ45 ports with auto-detected multi-function
- Access to all connected units in one point
- Context-sensitive help in the controller display unit
- Event and alarm log, with real-time clock
- Pre-defined control settings
- User-friendly logic configuration tool, based on ladder logic and function blocks with monitor operation
- Password-protected, with customisable permission levels
- 3-phase AC measurement, up to 690 V AC directly, class 0.5
- Easy-to-use PC tool (PICUS)
- Advanced alarm handling with latch and shelve possible